These are two registration applications filed for its subsidiary brand Sam’s Club, a retail store chain aiming to enter the blockchain world, NFT and Metaverse.
Previously, as we have we have reported the scoop from NFTexpress, the Walmart company had made its own filings with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (UPSTO), linked to NFTs and metaverse, by the end of September 2022.
On this occasion, one of the main objectives of the retail supermarket giant was related to two of its own experiences linked to the Metaverse, such as Walmart Land and Walmart Universe of Play.
But this time it is news about Sam’s Club: a subsidiary of the global giant Walmart, which was founded by Sam Walton in 1983. Its main objective was the immediate supply of businessmen, so that they can have their products quickly and effectively.
Precisely on January 31, 2023, a presentation was made requesting a number of patents related to Blockchain and the Web3 field. Although it is not known specifically for which products or what the company’s plans would be, what is known is that the objective of these applications is linked to blockchain, cryptocurrencies, NFTs and metaverse.
Among its main objectives, the company intends to provide products such as NFTs, a marketplace for the purchase and sale of digital artworks, downloadable software for data authentication through blockchain, virtual reality and augmented reality services, cryptocurrencies and wallets, among many others.
According to data provided by the UPSTO website, Walmart applied for the registration of several trademarks related to blockchain and NFTs. These applications were filed under the numbers 97775159 and 97775152, which are linked to the objective of Sam’s Club offering virtual products and immersive services in the not too distant future.
As can be seen from the data provided by this site, the applications were filed by attorney Kristen Traina, who is part of Walmart’s legal staff. On the other hand, you can see the data of the owner of the registration application, which correspond to Walmart Apollo LLC.
APPLICATIONS 97775159 and 97775152
These applications required the registration of several products, of which some to be mentioned are the following:
– E-commerce software that allows users to perform transactions through blockchain,
– Software that allows individuals and companies to create their digital presence and interact with other digital communities for commercial and marketing purposes,
– Augmented reality, mixed reality, virtual reality software for entertainment and video games,
– Software to integrate digital information with the real world, pursuing entertainment, education, gaming, communication, and networking purposes,
– Software that allows users to make online payments and transfer funds,
– Software linked to blockchain, digital assets, crypto assets, software wallets, hardware wallets, etc.
– Software to manipulate portfolios of digital currencies, digitized or tokenized assets, crypto tokens and utility tokens,
– Distributed logging platform software,
– Software for digital exchanges for virtual items (marketplaces),
– Software for sending, receiving, storing, and exchanging cryptoassets and non-fungible tokens (NFTs),
– Downloadable electronic information files along with artwork, music, text, audio and video related to sports and cultural activities via NFTs,
– Online marketplace for buyers and sellers of digital assets authenticated by NFTs,
– Website for buyers and sellers of art, music, documents, audio, games and images authenticated by NFTs, among many others.
Sam’s Club is a chain of retail stores with more than 600 physical stores located in several countries around the world, such as the United States, Mexico, Brazil, among others.
IMPORTANT: NFTEXPRESS only publishes articles for informational purposes. Nothing herein contains the character of recommendation or promotion of any type of investment for the reader. Before making any kind of investment, it is recommended to consult with a specialist in the matter.
Written by Luciano Garriga (TW:@luchogarriga) for NFT Express