These applications filed with the USPTO in the United States are linked to the Infiniti, Nismo and Nissan brands. Meanwhile, Nissan Japan is conducting tests in the metaverse.
The growth of the Web3 and NFT field does not stop growing, and we can see it throughout the articles we publish every day. In this case, one of the most prestigious car companies in the world has decided to take a step forward in these fields.
But this is not the first time Nissan has had contact with NFTs and Web3. In October 2021 the company launched a limited edition of its Kicks model called “Nissan Kicks X-Play NFT”. It was a limited launch of the B-segment SUV for Latin America with a total of 1300 units, of which about 300 were destined for Argentina.
Through this launch, the vehicle had instructions from Nissan Argentina to obtain a certificate of authenticity, whereby the vehicle was sold together with an NFT. In this way, each Kicks X-Play is unique in the real world, as it is in the virtual world. Fesq was the artist selected to take care of the illustration and 3D animation of the digital asset.
Nissan has become the latest vehicle manufacturer to take a step forward in the Web3 field by applying to register four trademarks with the U.S. USPTO.
The company filed the applications on March 7, through the management of attorney Micol Cecchi. The last update on the follow-up of the applications as of the date of writing this article was on March 10.
Services contemplated in the applications
By means of the following application numbers (No. 97826141 – NISSAN, No. 97826177 – NISMO, 97826169 – INFINITI) the company seeks to contemplate the registration of certain services such as the following:
* Downloadable electronic files for authentication of NFTs, along with videos, images, artwork, tickets, audio, sounds, trading cards, etc;
* Downloadable software to be used as a digital wallet, to authorize, access and transfer NFTs;
* Downloadable multimedia files containing artwork, text, audio, videos, or combination thereof, linked to clothing, sneakers, automobiles, trading cards, toy cars, etc.
* For the provision of a marketplace for buyers and sellers of NFTs;
* For the creation of an online store of services linked to virtual assets, digital tokens, digital assets, etc.;
* Entertainment services, host of interactive web sites that provide information related to NFTs;
* Provide temporary use of non-downloadable software for mining, sending, receiving, exchanging, storing, authenticating and transferring non-fungible tokens, etc.
Nissan Japan and Metaverse activities
While the U.S. headquarters is anticipating the registration of the new trademarks, the Japanese headquarters is conducting a three-month trial of its“Nissan Hype Lab” online store, as announced in a press release. announced through its official twitter account on March 8.
Through this platform, the company company offers vehicle sales and sales and vehicle testing services in the metaverse. In this way, potential customers can analyze, consult, test and purchase Nissan brand vehicles, while traveling through the virtual world.
In this way, any potential buyer can enter into a vehicle purchase contract with Nissan Tokyo Sales in the metaverse.
Another Nissan background with gaming NFTs
In October 2022, the company made a decision to release NFTs of its cars for the Torque Drift 2 game. The game from Grease Monkey Games, a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, which has vast experience in developing blockchain games.
On that occasion, they communicated that between the two companies they were working on the launch of up to 15 Nissan models over the next 12 months, which would be available in the game.
Written by Luciano Garriga (Tw: luchogarriga) for NFT Express.
IMPORTANT: NFTEXPRESS only publishes articles for informational purposes. Nothing herein contains the character of recommendation or promotion of any type of investment for the reader. Before making any kind of investment, it is recommended to consult with a specialist in the matter.