Lacoste seeks to consolidate its position in the metaverse: 5 trademark applications filed for NFT applications and other innovative fashion products.
As we have been reporting from NFTexpress, the NFT field continues its strong and sustained upward trend, due to a number of events contributing to increased adoption around the world.
From any user collector, to major celebrities or international companies, are already part of this innovative and immersive ecosystem that has so much projection; which comes to change the way we do many things in everyday life.
A few hours ago we reported on the NFT registration application by General Motors Company, linked to its two luxury brands, Chevrolet and Cadillac. In the same sense, a news has caused repercussions regarding 5 applications for registration linked to NFTs, metaverse, among other topics, by the company Lacoste Alligator SA.
And one of the most relevant data, is regarding the direct beneficiary of these applications, as the registration applications have been made for its new line linked to the metaverse and Web3 called CHAMPS-ELYSEES, which was launched in July 2022 as a brand for the crypto ecosystem.
WHAT DO THE APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED SEEK?
On February 17, the company filed the applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office(USPTO). Below we will detail each application in particular, with its respective processing number and what the company intends to achieve through each one of them:
* Application 97799165 (Metaverse and NFTs): non-downloadable software for the creation, production and modification of digital animations, designs, characters and avatars for use in online and virtual reality virtual environments; exchange services for the purchase and sale of NFTs registered on blockchain;
* Application 97799163 (Virtual Education and Entertainment): cultural, entertainment and sports activities; education, offering sports activities and entertainment in virtual environments; respiratory masks for non-medical respiratory protection; jewelry, watches and accessories; imitation leather, handbags, wallets, toys, and all kinds of accessories for use in virtual environments;
* Application 97799159 (Virtual Real State): rental of real estate; rentals in virtual environments, rental services, property management services;
* Application 97799156 (Virtual Advertising): advertising services in virtual environments; retail services for eyewear, cell phone covers, respiratory protection masks, jewelry, watches and accessories, handbags, wallets, clothing and accessories; retail services for virtual goods, slippers, clothing and accessories for virtual goods, etc.
* Application 97799153 (Virtual Eyewear): sunglasses, sports glasses, wireless headsets, cell phone covers, downloadable virtual goods, etc.
All the applications were submitted on the same day (February 17), and have had a change in the processing status for the last time on February 21 (at the time of writing this article).
On the other hand, the trademark applicant of the registrations is the company ‘Lacoste Alligator SA’, with information of the beneficiary trademark to‘CHAMPS-ELYSEES‘. Also, who filed the applications has been Martin J. Feinberg, who legally represents the fashion clothing company.
LACOSTE BRAND HISTORY WITH WEB3
This is not the first time that the well-known clothing brand has had contact with the Web3 field and virtual environments. Previously, in November 2022, it announced the opening of its online store with a VIP NFT program.
This store located in the metaverse features an immersive experience created by the company Emperiaa platform dedicated to creating virtual reality experiences for different companies.
On the other hand, prior to this event, the company took its first steps in Web3 in June 2022, with the launch of its first NFT collection, called UNDW3so one might suspect that some of its objectives are to link all its products and services in the metaverse together with its NFTs.
Written by Luciano Garriga (Tw: luchogarriga) for NFT Express.
IMPORTANT: NFTEXPRESS only publishes articles for informational purposes. Nothing herein contains the character of recommendation or promotion of any type of investment for the reader. Before making any kind of investment, it is recommended to consult with a specialist in the matter.